One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time.
Busy Bees for Betty
Let’s band together to get Betty on the road, delivering food for those less fortunate. If you would like to lend a hand, provide materials or help in any way please register as a volunteer.
St Stephen's School Carramar
Lakeside Joondalup Food Cart
St Stephen’s School is once again partnering with UnitingCare West to bring the Food Cart to the northern suburbs. Volunteer your time to be rostered on for the new Food Cart at Lakeside Joondalup.
Every Wednesday starting 7 August 2019
4.15 - 5.30pm
Lakeside Joondalup Shopping Centre
Some of our regular events include:
- St Stephen’s School was chosen by Western Australia Charity Direct as a pilot school to launch the next ‘generation of philanthropists’ through education, support, and inspiration, guided by WACD’s Ambassador and Captain of the Perth Wildcats Damian Martin.
- St Stephen’s School’s Food Rescue cart sees staff and students visit cafes and restaurants in the CBD and at Lakeside Joondalup to collect unused food to donate to services that help people in need in partnership with UnitingCare West.
- GenTech services give older citizens lessons in computing and digital media.
- Regular visits to centres for people with disabilities and the elderly where volunteers spend quality time with the residents, work with them on arts and crafts, play games and enjoy making and listening to music.
- An annual visit to Bethany Home in Malaysia, a school and training centre for disabled children and adults, where a small group of students commit themselves to serving as teachers’ helpers at the school.
- The collection of food, gifts and raising of funds for UnitingCare West’s Christmas Appeal and operation Christmas Child.
- Many more varied and one-off Volunteer activities in the community.